Пропускане към основното съдържание

Filthy Rich Vampires by Geneva Lee Albin

 Hey guys,

I managed to read a book. Shocking, I know.

I was scrolling through some book pages and came across Filthy Rich Vampires. I was in the mood for something light, plot-driven, maybe some sex scenes, just something entertaining to be honest. I actually love stories about vampires. So, when I saw this one I was like JACKPOT.

! I was a little taken aback by the title. I really don't like when people obviously hop on the bandwagon of a popular title/series, etc.

GoodReads Summary:

Julian Rousseaux has a problem. He’s single, and for the world’s wealthiest vampires, the social season is about to begin. Julian would rather stake himself than participate in the marriage market. But as the eldest, eligible Rousseaux he’s expected to find a wife before the season ends—whether he likes it or not.

When cellist Thea literally stumbles into his life at a gala, he knows she's the last person he could ever fall in love with. She's too innocent, too kind, and way too human. But now that she knows about his world, she's also a walking target. She needs protection. He needs a fake girlfriend to discourage overzealous vampire matchmaking.

So, Julian makes Thea an irresistible offer: pretend to be his lover and he’ll change her life. For one year, they’ll attend the season’s social events together in exchange for his protection and a way out of her mother’s crippling medical debt.

She can’t say no. But the vampire world is impossibly decadent and darker than Thea ever imagined, and Julian’s filthy rich vampire family wants her out of the way. But with each moment they share, new dangers emerge: a desire as forbidden as their stolen touches, an awakening of a long-dead heart, and secrets that could tear them both apart.

 My opinion:

The book managed to meet my expectation in terms of being entertaining. It was easy to read - it took me around two days (5-6 hours in total). There isn't some complicated plot that you need to keep track of. I liked the dual POV, as it can get a little bit boring to be in the head of just one character and it also limits the perspective of the reader. 

Julian and Thea are the typical main characters and they have that instant love at first sight. There isn't anything that out-of-the ordinary or unexpected that happens. This is probably a story we've all read at least once. Of course, Thea is a virgin and Julian is an "experienced" man. However, this leads to major problems but I won't say what exactly.

Geneva Lee Albin tries to make her world a little bit different than what we've known but I think she didn't explain everything too well. Maybe she wanted to focus on the story and not bombard the readers with information but some of the scenes and explanations for what happens in the vampire world fell flat. But then again maybe she saves it for the next book/s. I was also disappointed by the fact that this book was promoted as an arranged type of romance but we don't really see it. They completely forget about that fact and it reappears at the end.

I think the most important thing is that after I finished it I wanted to immediately start the second one but found out that it comes out later this year. If you like the Black Dagger Brotherhood I think you would also like this one, even though here we don't exactly have a lot of government plots or the big evil. They actually do make an appearance in the last 5 percent of the book but again I think this is a plotline for the next book.





Коментари

Популярни публикации от този блог

Product Review: The Body Shop Mango Range

Hi lovelies, it's been a looong time since I last posted here. And no, it isn't because of lack time. Actually this is all I have right now and I'm watching TV series and procrastinating as much as I can. But this is another topic. I wanted to review the Body Shop Mango series. I've purchased several products by them. I thought about choosing different scents but honestly I just liked the Mango one the best. 1. Body Scrub This is actually the only product I've finished. At first I was excited because it smelled so good and I've been looking for a good body scrub forever. But it was a disappointment. It wasn't as gritty as I wanted and on top of that it was way too oily. Even after rinsing repeatedly there was a film of it left on my skin. To some people this may be a plus but I didn't like the experience. Ultimately I started using it as a foot scrub and I was much more pleased with it that way. 2. Body Yogurt and Body Butter I was confused a

Art in the Village: Relaxing Screensavers for Your TV I Classic Art Screensaver

 

What's new?!

Hello people, long time no posting! It's been a whole year since the last book review. Not that I've read much since then. Honestly, I feel like I haven't done anything in that time. According to Goodreads I've read 18 books since the start of 2020. How? I've got no clue.   So, since last time I found a new job after a lot of searching. It's amazing how many shitty people are out there and how many of them are in charge of companies. Long story short I managed somehow to start working for a language center and it's became time Pros: -met great colleagues with whom we've become friends -the working hours weren't great, but at least during the day I had more free time Cons: - shitty boss who is always nice to you but at the same time doesn't care for their team, hence a lot of resignation - lies about the salary - lies about my future in the company: we had agreed for me to teach remotely from Monday till Friday but now suddenly